Easy ways to pump up your immune system
By: Russ | Published: December 4, 2009 | Filed under: Shared office space
Working in an office environment at this time of year means exposure to illness. As such,The Vitamin Creek presents suggestions on how to stay healthy during the cold and flu season.
Easy Ways to Pump Up Your Immune System from The Vitamin Creek
What with cold and flu season upon us-and so many viruses rampant in this country-you may well be wondering what you can do besides getting the seasonal flu shots and others, to stave off colds, flus, and any other conditions that may keep you down and out for a week or more. Well, of course, there are the shots to get, disinfecting everything you come in contact with, and just avoiding people and places. While some of these options are possible, hiding under you bed for the entirety of cold and flu season is not. This said, the key to avoiding getting sick is to ensure your immune system is as strong as it can be. Here are the most helpful tips you’ll need in doing just that-and making it through this cold and flu season unscathed.
• Eat Right-Though it may seem like a no-brainer that you make sure to eat a balanced diet to ward off infection, and bolster the immune system; many people underestimate just how significant including all the most vital parts of a healthy diet, can strengthen the immune system against viruses and infection. This means getting your fill of veggies, fruits, grains, and dairy (to include probiotics in the form of yogurts, etc for healthy digestion), to properly give your body the energy it needs, as well as a means to flush out all potentially harmful bacteria which contributes to a weak immune system.
• Sleep-You probably knew that this one would be on the list, but again, with our lives seeming to get busier and busier between our work and family-adequate sleep is typically last on our list of priorities. Though there are only so many hours in the day-attention to your health should rank higher than any tasks on your to-do list. Get at least 7-8 hours a night to let your body rest and restore itself for the next day.
• Don’t Stress It-You may have heard that stress plays an important role in weakening your immune system, if experienced often or at high levels-and it is true. You may be doing everything else right to stay strong against infections, but if you are letting that person at work or the demands of your everyday life get to you-you could not only be weakening your immune system; but also, setting yourself up for heart disease and related problems-through high blood pressure. This said, take everything as evenly as possible, and look into any venue that might help you de-stress your life: yoga, meditation, long walks, etc.
• Exercise-Working in close concert with not allowing stress to get the better of you can be exercise. Many people find that aside from the great health benefits that regular exercise offers them, it also offers a means to de-stress. Moderate exercise is a way to strengthen not just your muscles and bones; but it also, strengthens your immune system, by kick-starting all your body functions into a healthy use. From cardiovascular health obtained through breath and circulation to the pumping of muscles to be stronger; exercise helps strengthen the body against all harms.
• Vitamins-Most everyone should use-at the very least-a multi vitamin, as though your diet may seem optimum as far as supplying your body with all the essential vitamins and minerals-it probably isn’t. Multi vitamins add a generous sampling of the nutrients your body needs to not only function at optimum level; but also, ward off bacteria and infection. Look for vitamins with: C, Zinc, and Beta- carotene, especially for immune boosting strength.
2,281 Responses to “Easy ways to pump up your immune system”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.